Let’s face it, chicken can get boring after a while. In a recent Pinterest search, I came across this recipe and decided to give it a try.
I was NOT disappointed!
I served this dish over cauliflower rice for a complete gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, super yummy meal! For the cauliflower rice recipe, click HERE.
- 2 lbs chicken (boneless thighs or breasts, cubed)
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil + more for cooking chicken
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- *garnish chicken with toasted or plain sesame seeds and/or green onions
- Place all ingredients except chicken and sesame seeds in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour sauce over chicken and marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight
- When ready to cook - let chicken come to room temperature (about 30-45 minutes)
- Remove chicken from marinade and pour remaining liquid into sauce pan. Turn heat up to med-high and let come to a boil, then turn down flame and let simmer until thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, add a drizzle of sesame oil and a dab of coconut oil to skillet. Once heated, add chicken and cook thoroughly -- about 25-30 minutes depending on cut of chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked through, pour extra sauce over it and mix to combine.
- Once plated, garnish with sesame seeds and/or green onions
Leave me a comment and let me know how you like it.
Feel free to share with friends and family!