Picture a big glass goblet filled to the halfway mark with water. How do you see it—half-full or half-empty?
Consistently finding the glass half-empty—and the world as a difficult place— is a hallmark of negativity.
Research has found that a negative outlook can contribute to everything from depression to heart disease to lowered immune system function.
Want to know why you can’t lose those last 5 pounds or sleep soundly? The answer may be no further than your consistent negative thoughts and emotions. It can affect sleep, weight maintenance, the quality of your relationships, your social life, and even your ability to obtain that next promotion.
Now imagine what it would feel like to approach life from a place of positivity, fun, connection, health, adventure and possibility. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
7 Simple Tips to Make a Positive Switch
To help wipe out negativity, try one or more of the following action steps:
- Go COMPLAINT-FREE. Try going an hour without complaining and see the positive things in your life. Next, try a day, a week, and so on.
- Keep a GRATITUDE journal. Each evening, list at least 3-5 things that you are grateful for (the more the merrier!).
- Give COMPLIMENTS freely. Notice at least one positive trait about every person you come into contact with on a daily basis.
- Find BEAUTY everywhere in your world – trees, flowers, bees, sunsets, skylines, fresh produce, etc. Notice its gorgeousness.
- SHARE your good news. Studies show that sharing happy events brings even more happiness.
- Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want. I can’t stress this one enough!!!! Where our attention goes, it grows! We are absolutely in control of what we allow ourselves to dwell on. Focus on the right things — what you want to attract into your life and not what you want to avoid – it is the key to ABUNDANCE!
- Remove yourself from negative people or learn how to gracefully change the subject when the conversation takes a turn toward negativity
Maintaining a positive outlook takes practice, and the more you do it, the easier it gets. We are all “works in progress” but it takes daily intention and action to rewire new paths in your brain toward a life full of gratitude and positivity.
The payoff—a happier, healthier life—is absolutely WORTH THE EFFORT!
In Good Health,
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Want to learn how to make positive choices in your own life? Want support in creating your healthiest, happiest life ever? Let’s talk! Schedule a complimentary health coaching consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about (sharing is caring!!)! Click here to schedule your initial consultation: http://www.helpingbodiesheal.appointy.com