The stories are everywhere, always uplifting, always inspiring:
- The woman who created a wellness clinic in her inner city neighborhood.
- The man who lost 200 pounds after being housebound for a decade.
- The mother who worked tirelessly bringing her sick child to radiant health.
- The grandfather who quit cigarettes to realize his dream of running a marathon.
Every day people just like you go out into the world and make their dreams come true.
They did it. Why not you? You’re no different than any of these successful individuals.
Why Couldn’t Your Dream Come True?
True, it sounds hard. In fact, it probably is hard, with a number of obstacles to overcome. That may be reason enough to put your dream on permanent hold.
“Obstacles are like wild animals. They are cowards but they will bluff you if they can. If they see you are afraid of them… they are liable to spring upon you; but if you look them squarely in the eye, they will slink out of sight.”—Orison Swett Marden, writer.
Could a Plan Help?
The easiest way to turn a dream into reality is one step at a time:
- Choose one thing to get done. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- Identify what scares you most. Ask yourself: What’s the worst thing that could happen if I face this fear? Write down the worst-case scenario, and also write how you would confront it.
- Identify a small reward for yourself once you’ve accomplished that activity.
- Then just do it. Complete and check that task off your list.
- Now treat yourself to the reward, rejoice, and celebrate!
- Repeat the above steps as many times as necessary and watch yourself get happier and healthier by pursuing what you love.
And just so you know, you’re not alone…
When I decided back in January to start my own Health Coaching business it felt like a pipe dream – I wasn’t totally convinced it would come to fruition but I endeavored to “act as if” and give it my all. It was scary and emotionally risky – I risked looking stupid and feeling like a failure.
But, I did it anyway because the cost of not doing it seemed far greater and even scarier. I followed the steps above countless times and little by little my business grew and my dream of being a Health Coach was no longer a dream, it was a REALITY!
In a few days I’ll be taking the next biggest step in my dream making – launching my first-ever website! Talk about putting yourself out there?! Ironically it feels like a new beginning and an ending! It’s the beginning of new opportunities to reach hundreds and thousands of people who’ve been looking for a coach just like me! And, it’s the ending of me being able to “play small”, of me being able to use the “I don’t have a website” excuse when it comes to expanding my reach and going for new opportunities.
It’s thrilling and frightening, fun and stressful all at the same time. I have to tell ya, I wouldn’t change a thing!!
Would you like support in making your health dreams come true? Let’s talk! Schedule a complimentary health coaching consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about (sharing is caring!!)! Click here to schedule your initial consultation: http://www.helpingbodiesheal.appointy.com
In Good Health,