Some morning’s there is nothing better than a delicious, nutrient-dense smoothie to start your day. Year’s ago, during the search for my long-gone energy, I came across a little known (to me anyway) tea leaf called Moringa. It’s filled with tons of vitamins and minerals and makes a tasty green smoothie to boot! You may be able to find Moringa powder in some health food stores but if not, never fear — you can order online from Amazon, Nuts.com or Globalmorninga.com.
What’s your favorite smoothie? Share your favorite in the comments below!
- 2 tablespoons Moringa powder
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- Handful of baby organic spinach
- Handful of baby organic kale
- ½ banana - fresh or frozen (if frozen, you can skip ice)
- ⅓ cup of raw cashews
- 1 scoop of plant-based protein powder (goal: 16g or more of protein)
- ½ - 1 cup of non-dairy milk or water (depending on consistency preference)
- Handful of ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- You can substitute all spinach or all kale
- switch the cashews to almonds or walnuts
- Feel free to throw in a ½ or ¼ of an avocado for extra fiber and healthy fat
Photo credit: istockphoto