The best recipes are the simple ones you find on a whim. Last week I was searching for something quick and easy but also yummy and filling to make for dinner. Somehow quinoa, frozen organic vegetables and a stir-fry sauce became a thing. A quick search on Pinterest and I found the outline of a recipe I could use for inspiration.
When I tell you it was GOOD – it was GGGGOOODDDD!
I made the same dish with cauliflower rice and shredded chicken the next night!
And the night after….yep, more quinoa fried rice but with ground turkey this time!
Yeah, I know..it’s a bit overkill but I love it and so does my boyfriend so it’s a win-win!
I had to share this with my peeps so here ya go!
- 1 cup quinoa - rinsed, cooked and chilled*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2-3 pastured eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 1" fresh garlic, grated
- 2 cups organic frozen veggies, thawed (rinse under cool water)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, green and white parts, chopped (save some for garnish)
- For The Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut amino (or gluten-free tamari)
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki or stir fry sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce, optional (omit if you don't like spicy)
- Heat ½ tablespoon of coconut oil in small skillet and scramble eggs until cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining coconut oil in wok or large saute pan until shimmering.
- Add onions and cook for 2-4 minutes and then add garlic, ginger, half the scallions, red bell pepper and frozen veggies. Combine well.
- Add in chilled quinoa and scrambled eggs and mix with veggies. Add in a little extra coconut oil if needed. Stir frequently until everything is heated through.
- Add in sauce and stir everything together, making sure all the veggies and quinoa is coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with remaining scallions and ENJOY!
- *If you don't have time to make the quinoa at least an hour ahead, get it started before you prep and cook the veggies. To cook quinoa: boil 2 cups of water or broth and add in 1 cup of rinsed quinoa. Turn down flame to low and cook uncovered 10 minutes. Then cover tightly and cook another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand uncovered for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- **Add in shredded chicken, organic ground turkey or wild caught shrimp!
- **You can absolutely use fresh veggies that you chop and dice up! I just used what I had on hand at the moment. I would love to make this with some chopped asparagus, green beans, colorful bell peppers and red cabbage! The options are almost ENDLESS!! You're Welcome!