I enjoy a good frittata like anyone else — endlessly versatile, serves many and pretty darn easy to make. Before my journey to better health, I could’ve never imagined one WITHOUT cheese! I mean, what are eggs without cheese right?!
Until I met this frittata!
At the first bite I was in love and any thoughts of cheese ceased to exist. It’s so full of flavor the cheese isn’t missed one bit.
Try it out — with the ingredients listed below or switch things up with what you have on hand!
- 8 pasture-raised eggs
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ large sweet potato, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1.5 cups of tuscan kale, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to broil
- In cast- iron skillet, over medium heat add the oils, garlic and red onion. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add the sweet potato, red bell pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper. Add in the kale and allow to wilt and cook down some before adding in the basil.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs and add them to the cast iron pan and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the skillet under the broiler and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is set.
- Remove skillet from broiler and remove the frittata using a spatula and cut into 8 even slices (or 6 big slices!).
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!