Do you need to know the science behind essential oils? If so, read on!
For years people would talk about how wonderful essential oils. But, they could never explain WHY or HOW they worked. And this lack of scientific data made me uninterested and doubtful.
Thankfully, the Universe changed that. I am connected with doctors who explain the WHY and HOW of essential oils. And now, I’m a full-on oil addict!
Here’s the chemistry of essential oils:
- Monoterpenes – are present in almost all essential oils. According to The Reference Guide to Essential Oils, their action is to stop the accumulation of toxins. They restore the correct information in the DNA of the cell.
- Sesquiterpenes – Delete bad information in cellular memory and are present in almost all essential oils.
- Phenolics – are stimulating to the nervous and immune systems. They clean receptor sites of cells so sesquiterpenes can delete faulty information from the cell. They have antioxidant properties and a high level of oxygenating molecules.
- Alcohols – have a high resistance to oxidation and have the ability to revert cells to normal function as shown in animal studies.
- Esters – regulate the nervous system and help prevent muscle spasms. They are the most relaxing, calming and balancing of all the essential oil constituents.
- Aldehydes – are responsible for all the delightful fragrance of essential oils! They are calming to the nervous system. They are best known to relieve stress and promote relaxation.
- Ketones – stimulate cell regeneration, promote new tissue growth and liquefy mucous.
Essential oils aren’t just for the woo-woo, hippie crowd. They are legit, powerful and natural healing agents provided by Mother Nature.
Here are just 3 examples of my favorite oils and their healthful effects on the body:
- Frankincense. Active compound is Beta-elemene. A 2007 study showed this can induce apoptosis (cellular death) and inhibit cancer cell proliferation in multiple types of cancer. A 2004 study showed it to reduce neurological inflammation by blocking pro-inflammatory responses. It’s a must have for autoimmune patients!
- Black Pepper. Active compound is β-caryophyllene. β-caryophyllene is a terpene which supports normal cellular growth when ingested. It has a calming effect on the brain and is under consideration as treatment for anxiety and depression. This compound all supports a healthy response to different inflammatory stressors. There are drug treatment facilities which use black pepper oil to help with all kinds of addiction.
- Grapefruit. Active compound is d-limonene (found in all citrus). d-limonene is a monoterpene which helps to cleanse and detoxify your liver and kidney’s. It supports the generation of healthy cells, blocks oxidation of LDL cholesterol from blocking arteries. Emergency rooms and mental hospitals use it as a natural anti-anxiety remedy.
For all of the above to be true, your oil must genuine, authentic, pure and potent.
You want to look for a company which:
- Provides transparency
- Conducts rigorous testing using Mass Spec and Gas Chromatography on each batch of oil produced.
- Has a global network of leading oil chemists and growers to ensure correct species efficacy.
Given these qualifications, doTERRA oils are my choice.
I highly encourage you to join my free, online workshop on Monday, November 6th at 8:30pm EST.
During this workshop, we are diving deep on:
- Which oil blends are great for stress, anxiety and depression – perfect for the holiday craziness
- How to use essential oils with your kids (of all ages) – everything from immune to bedtime support
- How to use oils safely – there are guidelines you really should follow
- Meditation and which oils boost our daily practice
- Much, much more!
To reserve your seat, click here: https://helpingbodiesheal.com/oilsforemotions
I look forward to seeing you at the workshop!
Get Oily! 🙂