This is the perfect salad – filling, simple-to-make, cook once, eat at least 3-4 times and packed with fiber, healthy fat and protein! Cha-ching! The dressing can be used for this or any salad – another time saver!
Author: Inspired by recipe from Elisa Haggarty
- 2 cups green lentils
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large cucumber or 2 small, small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 big handfuls basil, chopped
- 2 handfuls Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped (or can sub cilantro)
- ¼ - ½ avocado, diced
- Maple Balsamic Dressing
- ½ cup olive or hemp oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Blend together until smooth and creamy!
- Rinse the lentils and soak for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly before cooking. When ready to cook add lentils and enough water to cover 1" above the lentils. Cook for 15 minutes and check - if soft, drain and set aside to cool down. If you're in a hurry, lay them out on a baking sheet to cool faster.
- Once cooled, add all vegetables and lentils together and add balsamic dressing to your preference.